Federal Law–Civil Law Harmonization Act, No. 2 (S.C. 2004, c. 25)
Assented to 2004-12-15
Marginal note:1997, c. 12, s. 118(1)
103. The portion of section 274 of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Credit for recovery in other jurisdictions
274. If any bankruptcy order, proposal or assignment is made in respect of a debtor under this Act,
R.S., c. C-2; 2001, c. 34, s. 14(E)Canada Council for the Arts Act
104. Subsection 17(2) of the French version of the Canada Council for the Arts Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Produit des placements
(2) Le produit de la vente ou de toute autre forme de disposition des placements effectués avec de l’argent provenant de la Caisse de dotation ou du Fonds d’assistance financière aux universités est porté au crédit de la Caisse ou du Fonds, selon le cas.
Marginal note:2001, c. 4, s. 66(F)
105. Section 18 of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Dons, legs, etc.
18. Le Conseil peut, par don, legs ou autrement, acquérir des biens, notamment sous forme d’argent ou de valeurs mobilières, et, malgré toute disposition contraire de la présente loi, employer ou gérer la partie de ces biens non affectée à la Caisse de dotation ou au Fonds d’assistance financière aux universités, ou en disposer, pourvu qu’il respecte les conditions dont est assortie l’acquisition.
R.S., c. G-10Canada Grain Act
106. Sections 7 and 8 of the Canada Grain Act are replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Outside interest
7. A person is not eligible to be appointed or, subject to section 8, to continue as a commissioner if, directly or indirectly, as owner, shareholder, director, officer, partner or otherwise, that person is engaged in commercial dealings in grain or the carriage of grain or has any pecuniary or other interest in grain or the carriage of grain, other than as a producer of grain.
Marginal note:Disposing of property
8. Any commissioner in whom any property giving rise to an interest prohibited under section 7 vests by will or succession for the commissioner’s own benefit shall, within six months after the vesting, dispose of that property.
107. (1) Paragraph 76(1)(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) the operator of the elevator shall, without delay, inform the Commission, the principal inspector at the nearest inspection point and, if the grain is specially binned, the persons having an interest or right in the grain;
(2) Subsection 76(3) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Costs of treatment, etc.
(3) If, under a direction given under subsection (1), grain referred to in an elevator receipt indicating special binning issued by the operator of a licensed terminal elevator or licensed transfer elevator has been treated, shipped or otherwise disposed of, the costs incurred by the operator of the elevator in complying with the direction are recoverable from the persons having an interest or right in the grain in proportion to their respective interests or rights.
108. Subsection 81(3) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Commission contracts
(3) No licensed grain dealer who acts for any person on a commission basis in relation to the purchase or sale of western grain by a grade name shall, except with the consent of that person, buy, sell or have any interest or right, directly or indirectly beyond the dealer’s agreed commission in the purchase or sale of the grain.
109. Section 108 of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Offence by manager, employee, agent or mandatary
108. (1) Any manager of an elevator, or any other employee, or agent or mandatary, of the operator or licensee of an elevator, who does any act or thing directed to the commission of an offence under this Act by the operator or licensee of the elevator is a party to and guilty of the offence.
Marginal note:Party to offence
(2) Any employee, or agent or mandatary, of a licensed grain dealer who does any act or thing directed to the commission of an offence under this Act by the licensed grain dealer is a party to and guilty of the offence.
110. Section 112 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Restriction on creation of charge, interest or right
112. Despite anything in the Bank Act, no charge on or interest or right in grain referred to in an elevator receipt that affects the interest or right of the holder of the receipt may be created by the holder, or by the operator of a licensed elevator who issued the receipt, other than by the endorsement or delivery of the receipt to the person in whose favour the charge, interest or right is created.
R.S., c. C-8Canada Pension Plan
111. The definition “representative” in subsection 2(1) of the Canada Pension Plan is replaced by the following:
« représentant »
“representative” means, in respect of any person, a guardian, curator, committee, executor, liquidator of a succession, administrator or other legal representative of that person;
Marginal note:R.S., c. 6 (1st Supp.), s. 2
112. Subsection 21.1(1) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
21.1 (1) If an employer who fails to deduct or remit an amount as and when required under subsection 21(1) is a corporation, the persons who were the directors of the corporation at the time when the failure occurred are jointly and severally or solidarily liable, together with the corporation, to pay to Her Majesty that amount and any interest or penalties relating to it.
Marginal note:R.S., c. 5 (2nd Supp.), s. 1(2)
113. The portion of subsection 23(5) of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Certificate before distribution
(5) Every person, other than a trustee in bankruptcy, who is an assignee, liquidator, receiver, receiver-manager, administrator, executor, liquidator of a succession or any other like person, in this section referred to as the “responsible representative”, administering, winding-up, controlling or otherwise dealing with a property, business or estate of another person, before distributing to one or more persons any property over which he or she has control in his or her capacity as the responsible representative, shall obtain a certificate from the Minister certifying that all amounts
R.S., c. W-9; 1994, c. 23, s. 2(F)Canada Wildlife Act
Marginal note:1994, c. 23, s. 4(2)
114. The definition “terres domaniales” in subsection 2(1) of the French version of the Canada Wildlife Act is replaced by the following:
« terres domaniales »
terres domaniales Terres appartenant à Sa Majesté du chef du Canada ou dont le gouvernement fédéral peut disposer, sous réserve de tout accord qu’il a conclu avec le gouvernement de la province où elles sont situées. La présente définition s’applique aussi aux ressources naturelles des terres ainsi qu’aux étendues d’eau qui s’y trouvent ou les traversent, de même qu’aux eaux intérieures et à la mer territoriale du Canada
115. (1) The portion of subsection 9(1) of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Acquisition of Lands
9. (1) The Governor in Council may authorize the Minister to lease any lands, or purchase or acquire any lands or any interests or rights in any lands, for the purpose of research, conservation and interpretation in respect of
Marginal note:1994, c. 23, s. 11(2)(F)
(2) Subsections 9(2) and (3) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(2) Lands or interests or rights in lands purchased or acquired under subsection (1) shall not be disposed of, and no person shall use or occupy the lands, except under the authority of this Act or the regulations.
Marginal note:Disposition or lease of lands
(3) The Minister may authorize the disposition or lease of lands purchased or acquired under subsection (1) if, in the opinion of the Governor in Council, the disposition or lease is compatible with wildlife research, conservation and interpretation.
Marginal note:1994, c. 23, s. 12(F)
116. Section 10 of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Dons, legs, etc.
10. Le ministre emploie ou gère les biens — notamment l’argent ou les valeurs mobilières — acquis par Sa Majesté par don, legs ou autrement et destinés aux espèces sauvages ou en dispose et ce, dans le respect des conditions dont est éventuellement assortie leur acquisition.
Marginal note:1994, c. 23, s. 13
117. Subsection 11.3(3) of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Biens périssables
(3) L’agent de la faune peut disposer des objets saisis périssables ou les détruire; le produit de la disposition est soit remis à leur propriétaire légitime ou à la personne qui a légitimement droit à leur possession, soit, lorsque des poursuites fondées sur la présente loi ont été intentées dans les quatre-vingt-dix jours suivant la saisie, retenu par lui jusqu’au règlement de l’affaire.
- Date modified: