24 (1) Each museum may engage such officers, employees and agents and such technical and professional advisers as it considers necessary for the proper conduct of its activities and may fix the terms and conditions of their engagement.
Marginal note:Not part of public service
(2) Subject to subsections (3) to (5), the trustees, officers, employees and agents of a museum are not part of the federal public administration.
(3) The officers and employees of a museum shall be deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and the museum shall be deemed to be a Public Service corporation for the purposes of section 37 of that Act.
(4) The Public Service Superannuation Act does not apply to a trustee, other than a trustee who is in receipt of a salary fixed by Parliament, the Governor in Council or the Treasury Board, unless, in the case of any one of them, the Governor in Council otherwise directs.
(5) The trustees, officers and employees of a museum shall be deemed to be employees for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulation made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1990, c. 3, s. 24
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 224(E), 225(E)
- Date modified: