Special Import Measures Act
Marginal note:Conduct of extraordinary challenge proceeding
77.019 (1) A committee shall conduct an extraordinary challenge proceeding and make a decision in accordance with Annex 10-B.3 of the Canada–United States–Mexico Agreement and the rules.
Marginal note:Powers of committee
(2) A committee has such powers, rights and privileges as are conferred on it by the regulations.
Marginal note:Where no grounds
(3) Where a committee conducting an extraordinary challenge proceeding determines that the grounds in the request for the proceeding are not established, the committee shall deny the request, and the decision of the panel in respect of which the request was made shall stand affirmed.
Marginal note:New panel
(4) Where an order of a panel is set aside by a committee, a new panel shall, in accordance with this Part, be appointed and conduct a review of the definitive decision that was the subject of that order.
Marginal note:Action by panel
(5) Where an order of a panel is referred back to the panel by a committee, the panel shall take action not inconsistent with the decision of the committee.
(6) A decision of a committee shall be recorded in writing and shall include the reasons for the decision and any dissenting or concurring opinions of members of the committee, and the Canadian Secretary shall forward, by registered mail, a copy thereof and of the order made by the committee to the Minister, the government of the CUSMA country involved, the appropriate authority and any other person who was heard in the proceeding and shall cause notice of the decision to be published in the Canada Gazette.
- 1993, c. 44, s. 218
- 2020, c. 1, s. 88
- Date modified: